School of Engineering Emergency Assistance

The School of Engineering emergency assistance funds provide one-time support to currently enrolled undergraduate students who are at risk of dropping out due to unexpected financial emergencies.  We are very fortunate to have the philanthropic support of many donors, including alumni, corporations, faculty, and staff, but the funds are still limited at the school level. Before submitting an application, please make sure that you have looked into the resources and emergency support provided by the University:

  1. Applying for financial support through Rutgers Office of Financial Aid, including support for taking courses over the summer.
  2. Resources and support from the Dean of Students Office - please make an appointment and speak with a Dean of Students about your emergency situation.

To apply for the SoE emergency assistance funds:

  • All students are required to submit a personal statement (in MS Word or PDF format) to help the committee understand your financial emergency. If available, please also include any supporting documents for stated emergency. The SoE emergency assistance is meant to be a one-time support. So please also include in your statement a plan on how you would manage the situation moving forward.
  • U.S. residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form. If there is a recent change in the financial status at your household, please file for Change in Family Circumstances at the Office of Financial Aid.
  • Fill in the online application here. Funding is not guaranteed and is granted in order of receipt and based on your unmet financial need. SoE Emergency Assistance is an one-time only support and cannot be renewed.