Scholarships for Continuing Students
- School of Engineering endowed scholarships are awarded each academic year for continuing undergraduate students only. Given the limited funds, SoE Scholarships are highly selective and they are not automatically renewable. Students must apply each academic year in order to be considered for a SoE endowed scholarship.
- Incoming first-year students or new transfer students to the School of Engineering please visit the scholarship information page for new students. No applications are needed for the renewal of university merit scholarships (Scarlet, National, Carr, Trustees, Henry Rutgers, or Presidential Scholarships), but the students must meet the criteria for renewal.
- For other scholarship opportunities or financial aid available to Rutgers students, please visit Office of Financial Aid.
- We would also like to encourage you to explore scholarship opportunities from outside of Rutgers for engineering students.
- Unmet financial need, demonstrated leadership activities and services to the community, and academic merits.
- Continuing undergraduate students (US residents or international); first-year or new transfer students will be eligible to apply after completing at least one semester of full-time study at the SoE in an engineering major.
Demonstrate Unmet Financial Needs
- File a FAFSA (U.S. Residents)
U.S. residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form. If there is a recent change of the financial status at your household, please file for Change in Family Circumstances at the RU-NB OneStop. In the meantime, you can submit an optional financial statement describing the family circumstances. Be sure to document any special circumstances such as medical bills, unemployment verification, or any related bills that you think the committee should consider and attach them to your financial statement.
- Financial Statement (International Students)
International students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA MUST submit a financial statement along with your Scholarship application. International students are required to have sufficient financial support each year when they were granted a student visa at the time of admission. So this statement should describe what has changed financially since the admission. The students are required to provide supporting documents for the stated change of financial status. For example, if you state that a parent has recently become unemployed, then you would need to provide unemployment document of your parent. If there is a medical emergency related cost in the family, then you need to provide a copy of the medical record.
- Please submit an online application by Monday, June 6, 2022. Full consideration will be given to those who have submitted an application before the deadline. Late submissions will be considered depending on funds available. The application portal will remain open to accept applications till June 17.
- The scholarship recipients for AY 2022-23 will be notified via email during the week of September 6, 2022. Students can always check their scholarship status through their financial aid award status page.
- Study Abroad Scholarships
For questions regarding the School of Engineering Scholarship for Study Abroad, please contact Dean Robert Ciervo for more questions (email@example.com; Engineering B100; 848-445-2212).