Special Permission Numbers

A Special Permission Number (SPN) is a 6 digit number that is used to allow a student to register for course that is full or that is not open to that student's major or class year. Students must consult with the department that offers the course to inquire about getting a Special Permission Number. For example, Biology 101 is full and you want to take that course. You should contact the Biological Sciences department and request a special permission number. If they give you an SPN, you should use WEBREG. If you were also given a pre-req override or if it is past the add/drop date, submit the request and approvals in the Pre-Requisite/SPN Registration webform. 

If you are a prospective transfer student (enrolled at Rutgers SAS, SEBS, RBS, Pharmacy, etc.), please refer to our School-to-School transfer webpage for instructions on requesting special permission numbers for engineering courses.

SPN requests for students matriculating in the School of Engineering​