Rutgers Command, Control, and Interoperability Center for Advanced Data Analysis (CCICADA), Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation (CAIT), and Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (DIMACS) have partnered with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Area Commands to host the second symposium on risk and economic assessment and risk management methodologies applicable in the maritime domain.
November 7-9, Rutgers University The theme of the symposium is Developing Public-Private Partnerships in Homeland Security: How Risk Impacts Government Policy and Business Requirements.
The symposium will include expert panel discussions and presentations by researchers, members of academia, and government from participating DHS research centers and universities.
The program will focus on:
· Maritime security risk assessment, modeling, and analysis
· Algorithmic approaches to maritime security decision making
· Security risk policy making: government and industrial perspectives
· Impact of risk mitigation on business requirements
· International perspectives
· Analysis of threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences
· Port resilience; reopening ports after natural or man-made disasters
· Risk-based decision making
· Game theory applications
· Simulation modeling and applications to maritime risks
For More Information : http://cait.rutgers.edu/maritime-risk-2011