Before you apply, please note:
- This application is for continuing School of Engineering students only, not for incoming first-year students or new transfer students.
- All scholarship applications for AY 2017-18 must be submitted before 5:00 p.m. on May 1, 2017 in order to be considered. This application website will be closed after that.
- All students are required to submit a 2-page (single- or double-space, your call) personal statement (in MS Word or PDF format) to help the committee understand your development as a member of the community, your personal and professional achievement, as well as how this scholarship would support your career pursuit.
- US residents are required to submit a FAFSA or a FAFSA Renewal form. If there is a recent change of the facial status at your household, please file for Change in Family Circumstances at the Office of Financial Aid (https://financialaid.rutgers.edu/apply/forms/change-in-family-circumstances). In the meantime, you can submit an optional facial statement describing the family circumstances for need-based consideration.
- International students are required to submit a facial statement to justify unmet financial need. International students are required to have sufficient financial support each year when they were granted a student visa at the time of admission. So this statement is about what has changed financially since the admission. The students are required to provide supporting documents for the stated change of facial status. For example, if you state that a parent has recently become unemployed, then you would need to provide unemployment document of your parent. If there is a medical emergency related cost in the family, then you need to provide a copy of the medical record.
Please answer each question below fully; remember that you are competing with a large number of eligible applicants.
You will be notified of the decision from the scholarship committee via email by Monday, July 31, 2017. If you have any questions with submitting the form, please contact the SoE Scholarship Committee via email (scholarships @ soe.rutgers.edu). Please state clearly your full name, your 9-digit RUID, and the issue you are having with the submission process.